Eighteen years after the first edition of the European Symposium on Vascular Biomaterials, we are looking forward to celebrate with you its 10+1 edition. As a child growing and evolving into an adult, the ESVB evolved over the years to be a unique worldwide event in vascular surgery.
The ESVB is, since its creation, the expression of a strong vision: we cannot improve our knowledge without the multidisciplinary approach we believe necessary in the field of the development of new generation devices and technologies used in our specialty.
This new edition, celebrating the 11th anniversary will feature the followings:
• Wolfgang MEICHELBOECK, a cornerstone of our organization - now retired from his company - made the choice to step down from his function. He becomes de facto and forever, Director Emeritus of the ESVB, or in another word, one of our best friends.
• We grow our family and welcome new passionate colleagues to improve ESVB program. We welcome also a specific and high level organizing committee for a full-day translational research meeting.
• We will host once again trainees for a very exciting boot camp on endovascular simulation in the new premises of the GEPROVAS Vascular Surgery Simulation & Training Center.
• For the very first time, we will hold in parallel to the symposium a French a full day event dedicated to vascular surgery nurses and technicians.
• A very important spotlight will be on startups and technical corner with the creation of a new dedicated area - the Innovation Hallway. Welcoming any companies looking for new ideas, new collaborations and projects, the Innovation Hallway will be the perfect place to connect physicians and research communities with the actors involved in the development of new technologies to improve patient care and safety.
• Fostering ideas and collaboration, the ESVB will exhibit for its first time a networking area.
• And finally, it will continue to be this simply place to share in a friendly atmosphere you acknowledge since the 1st edition.
Nabil Chakfé, Frédéric Heim, Gert de Borst & Wolfgang Meichelboeck
The ESVB Organization Committee