Conference > Poster and Young researcher prize session
The Posters and Young Researcher Prize Talks from abstract sessions aim at presenting the research works of young PhD and/or fellows to support and boost research in the field of vascular biomaterials.
Since 1999, the ESVB scientific committee has started the «Young Researcher Prize» to recognize innovative and outstanding research work of young researchers early in their careers, in the field of vascular biomaterials.
To encourage even more the young researchers to attend our symposium, the ESVB organization is offering a 200€ cashback on all-inclusive package on site for trainees who have a selected abstract and do not have any financial support. A proof of payment will be requested at the event.
The abstract submission is open to vascular trainees (MSc, PhD, Students) and scientific researchers in the field of biomaterial and vascular surgery who should be less than 35 years old.
• The limited oral presentation selected for YRP session will be 8.
• The limited poster selected for poster session will be 25.
• The abstracts will be selected in a blinded-fashion.
• Abstract submission opens: May 1, 2017.
• Abstract submission closes: July 31, 2017.
• Review period: August 1 – August 10, 2017.
• Notification of acceptance: August 15, 2017.
• Early bird registration Deadline: August 15, 2017.
• Deadline to confirm acceptance: August 30, 2017.
Abstract and submission form must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 31, 2017 by following the rules in the YRP guidelines section 6b
Abstracts should be prepared as following to be submitted for review:
• An English language abstract in the terminology familiar to specialists.
• The title should not exceed 200 characters (including space and punctuation).
• The text should be succinct and substantive (200 to 500 words max).
• Reference should be included in the Vancouver style.
• The abstract should contain figures and table (up to 2) with.
• The abstract should be submitted in a word file (.doc, .docx): Times New Roman 12, double-spaced typewritten pages on A4 format paper with 2.5 cm margins.
The total award of € 3300 will be shared among the 4 best communications made by a young researcher or a young medical physician in the field of vascular biomaterials. For the second year, the best poster presentation will be awarded.
The communication will be rated by a jury during the Young Researcher Prize session on site:
1st prize: € 1500
2nd prize: € 1000
3th prize: € 500
Poster prize: € 300
Previous winners of ESVB Young researcher prize
MD Student at University Hospital Strasbourg, France and
PhD student at Methodist Hospital, Houston, USA
“Flexible robotics with electromagnetic tracking improve safety and efficiency during in vitro endovascular navigation”.
PhD, Student at University Hospital Aachen, Germany
“The Biostent-Novel concept of a viable stent structure”.
PhD student at University College of London
“Finite element testing in patients of a new percutaneous pulmonary valve device”.
PhD, student at CRIB - Interdisciplinary Research Center on Biomaterials, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
“Drug eluting stents : novel approach for multifactorial controlled release”.
PhD, student at Surface Engineering Laboratory, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
“Effect of textile micro-texture on the adhesion and proliferation of endothelial cells”.
Silvia SCHIEVANO - Great Ormond Street Hospital, University College of London, London, UK
“Rapid prototyping into the study of percutaneous valved stent implantation”.